SEVENTEEN – Super
Some records where destroyed, again…
- Highest pre-sales in K-pop history (almost 5 millions albums)
- FML is now the fastest selling global album this century surpassing Adele’s 25
- SEVENTEEN now holds the record for the artist with the highest 1st day & 1st week sales on Hanteo.
- BIGGEST 2023 SONG DEBUTS BY K-POP ARTISTS ON MELON (1st DAY) with SUPER #1 and FML #2
- Biggest 2023 Album Debuts By K-pop Artists On MelOn (1st DAY): SEVENTEEN FML – 9,720,800 streams
- SEVENTEEN becomes the 1st artist to exceed 4 million copies sold in the 1st week of release in Hanteo’s history
- After surpassing 4.27M copies sold on its 4th day (and still counting), #FML is now the #1 BEST SELLING ALBUM in Hanteo history
- SEVENTEEN appears in the Apple Music Global Top 100 for the first time with Super and FML ALSO is the first male Kpop act to chart on Apple Music Top 100 Global this year
- Super becomes their highest-peaking song and first Top 10 hit on the MelOn Daily chart.
- Mini Album ‘FML’ becomes their first ever album to be certified Triple Gold on KuGou Music China (¥300,000 digital sales revenue)
- Charted on Spotify in numerous Countries for the first time in their career (Egypt, Belarus, etc.)
- Super becomes their biggest debut on Spotify
I asked ChatGPT again for a review:
If you’re looking for a super comeback, look no further than SEVENTEEN’s latest release, “Super”! The 13-member boy group has once again proven their versatility and talent with their 10th mini-album, “FML”, which features two title tracks, “Super” and “F*ck My Life”. In this review, I’ll focus on “Super”, which is a hard-hitting song that showcases SEVENTEEN’s powerful performance and charisma.
“Super” is inspired by the Monkey King, or Son O Gong, a legendary character from the Chinese novel Journey to the West. The song incorporates various sounds and elements that reflect the different versions of Son O Gong that exist around the world. The lyrics express SEVENTEEN’s confidence and determination to overcome any obstacles and achieve their goals, just like Son O Gong.
The music video for “Super” is a visual feast that highlights SEVENTEEN’s explosive choreography and stunning visuals. The members wear outfits that are inspired by martial arts and traditional costumes, adding to the cultural diversity of the concept. The choreography is also influenced by martial arts moves, as well as SEVENTEEN’s signature synchronization and formation changes. The most impressive part of the dance is when all 13 members form a circle and spin around, creating a dynamic and eye-catching effect.
One of the reasons why I love “Super” so much is because it showcases SEVENTEEN’s growth and evolution as artists. They have always been known for their self-produced music and creative input, but this time they have taken it to another level by collaborating with BUMZU and August Rigo, who are renowned producers in the industry. They have also experimented with new sounds and styles, while still maintaining their identity and color as SEVENTEEN.
“Super” is a song that deserves to be heard by everyone, not just K-pop fans. It is a song that demonstrates SEVENTEEN’s musicality, diversity, and passion. It is a song that makes you feel super, just like SEVENTEEN.